Monday, November 7, 2011

Garlic Horseradish Mashed Potatoes



You know what I love? The Cheesecake Factory. I know, I know. The Cheesecake Factory is probably the worst food in the world, but who can resist their avocado eggroll appetizer or their delicious cheesecakes? You know what is one of my favorite things from them? Their mashed potatoes. With a little snooping around the internet, I found a little recipe (that I've adjusted) just floating around on a whole bunch of different sites. There seems to be some mixed reviews, but I can honestly say that this mashed potato recipe comes pretty darn close!



Ingredients
3 lbs of red potatoes
1 stick of butter
1 head of garlic, roasted
2 tbs of cream
1/4 tsp horseradish
1/2 tsp parsley
Lots of salt

1. A head of garlic takes about ~40 minutes to roast, so do this first! Have the oven heated to 400 degrees. Peel the papery skin off the garlic (while keeping the head whole). Chop off the top of the garlic, and make sure to get all the gloves. This will make it a lot easier to get the garlic out. Place the head of garlic on some foil and pour like a tablespoon of olive oil over it. Ball up the foil and toss it into the oven.
2. Once the roast garlic is done, take it out and pop out those little suckers. I added some sea salt over them in the photo below.




3. While the garlic was roasting, you could clean your cute little potatoes and quarter them. Put them in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and let them boil for about 20 minutes or when you can easily stick a fork into the potatoes.



4. Once the potatoes are soft, drain out the water. Drop in the stick of butter into the pot of potatoes and mash away. Add in the cream, garlic, horseradish, parsley, and salt. Mash, mash, mash!




Pretty tasty! Honestly, I think that the garlic and horseradish was too subtle, so if I were to make it next time, I'll definitely double those two ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get a new camera? The photos are really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete