Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatballs



Hi friends! Sorry it's been such a long time since I've posted. :( I was talking to the Chopping Block a lot lately about hamburgers. She has an obsession with them, but who can blame her; May is national hamburger month after all. My current obsession (for the last couple of days) has been cream cheese. So with that, I've created the most delicious meatball ever. Seriously. No lie.








So I'm also totally sorry, Kids. My kitchen light is out, which means I made these in the dark. Yep, I'm pretty amazing. My camera also broke, so these are taken with my camera phone. Yep, again, I'm pretty amazing. So there's not going to be the typical series of photo adventure. I know you must be terribly disappointed. :(

Personally, I think these meatballs are super pretty! The cream cheese explodes out of the meatballs while they're cooking, and it's so cool! :D

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground beef (I used 80/20)
2 cloves roasted garlic, minced
2 stalks green onions, minced finely
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 egg
salt
pepper
3 oz cream cheese
1/4 red onion, sliced
1 tbsp butter
1 roma tomato, sliced

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together beef, garlic, green onions, worcestershire sauce, mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and the egg.
3. Separate into ten even-sized balls.
4. Cube cream cheese into ten even-sized cubes.
5. Place one cube of cream cheese inside each of the meatballs. Roll them in your hands until the cream cheese is surrounded by meat. Place all the meatballs into your baking sheet/tray.
6. Place into the oven and set timer for 15 minutes.
7. While the meatballs are baking, caramelize your red onions with butter in a frying pan. Once they're done caramelizing (about 5 minutes), put it into a food processor. I was aiming for an onion jam, except my food processor is reallllllly big, so it didn't exactly end up in the consistency I wanted. Pulse until you get the consistency you want, and then place into a bowl and set aside.
8. In the same pan that you cooked the onions in, place the tomato slices in. Cook them for about 5 minutes, which is when they start looking like stewed tomatos. Without washing the food processor, place your tomatoes inside and pulse until it becomes saucy.
9. Place the tomato sauce onto your plate. When the meatballs are done, top them onto of the tomato sauce, and then finish off with the onions.

Now it's time to eat! :D

1 comment: