Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cilantro Pesto Pizza

IMG_0183

I am not dead yet! I've been um...lazy and there isn't any good excuses (or excuses at all) as to why I neglected the blog. I am so sorry!

Back to the actual food part, remember how I made the mango salsa? It was quite delicious. Actually, Helen and I like it a lot.

The thing about making salsa is that you will always be left with a giant bunch of cilantro that you have no idea how to use up. I mean, do you make more salsa and eat it for two weeks? I love them salsa but that would be too much. So I searched for an easy way to use most of my leftover cilantro and found Bobby Flay's Grill Shrimp and Cilantro Pesto Pizza. It was actually really convenience because I had leftover mango salsa to use as a topping for the pizza, too!


So I did everything the recipe told me to do:

DSCF4935

3/4 cup of chopped cilantro + 1/4 cup of chopped parsley + 1/2 cup olive oil + 1 giant clove of garlic + 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan

All got processed really well in my mini chopper.

You can spend 2 hours making your pizza dough or you can be lazy and go buy fresh dough at Berkeley Bowl like me. Heh.

As for the shrimps, I marinaded about 20 shrimps with some ground black pepper and salt. Simple enough.

I learned from my friend, Ruby, that to make the pizza not so soggy, bake the rolled out dough for about 5 minutes.

Steps to assemble pizza:

1. Bake dough for 5 minutes in oven (425 degrees).
2. Remove dough from oven and spread on cilantro pesto.
3. Add mango salsa on top of pesto.
4. Return pizza to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the pesto gets all bubbly.
5. Add shrimp and bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Eat.

1 comment:

  1. trader joe's also have pizza dough, but i remember not liking it very much. :(

    ReplyDelete