Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bumble Bee Tuna Salad

20101018-DSCF4715

It was Helen who introduced me to this world of ready-to-eat tuna salad. They sure are tasty. If you are a cat owner like me, you would find that it's very hard to eat tuna without cats surround you on all sides. So these ready-to-eat tuna salad is very handy if you want to eat tuna away from home.

So this is a review post of Bumble Bee Tuna Salad* because sometimes, we just don't have time to cook fancy pants food like lamb burgers and beef stew.


As shown in the photo above, the whole thing comes in a small rectangular box. It contains 6 round crackers, a can of ready-to-eat tuna salad, and a scooper.

20101018-DSCF4718

So you just scoop as much tuna as you want onto a little cracker and eat!

20101018-DSCF4709

If you use this much tuna on each cracker, you will end up with leftover tuna and no crackers left. So adjust to get maximum tuna salad to cracker ratio.

20101018-DSCF4706

I ate this as a snack at work so it was sitting on my calculator. Yeah, I know, it's disgusting but I need some dirtiness to boost my immune system since there was no Jamba Juice nearby to ask me if I want any boosts to go with my smoothie.

This is my grade for Bumble Bee Tuna Salad:

1. Taste = 8: It's quite tasty, not too mayonnaise-y and not totally overwhelmed with tuna. There are also bits of red bell peppers and celery to add in some crunch. It's good enough for a yummy snack that leave your breath smelling like a cat's breath.
2. Ease = 10: Really easy
3. Price = 7: It's a pretty filling snack for $1.79. They call it a "lunch" on the box but eating two boxes did fill me up for "lunch." So no, just a snack, not a lunch, unless you're on a I'm-starving-to-death diet.

*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review. I just feel like reviewing it because I like it quite a bit. :D

Random photos of cats because I can!

Day 215 Saturday 9/25/2010
Suppy is curling up her paws for some fish!


Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes approves!


Lily!
Lily says: This plant does not smell like tuna! Disapprove!


I'm just a kitteh
Calvin says: May I have some tuna, please?


Suppy

1 comment:

  1. :P SO MANY TONGUES!

    I also advise not to get the "fat free" (re: green packaging) one because it tastes terrible. I had to throw it out. :(

    ReplyDelete