Saturday, September 4, 2010

Peach Pie

peach pie

What do you do when someone gives you a bag of peaches? Munching on one or two peaches is fine, but what about the rest? You make peach pies, of course! Or peach galette! But if you really suck at making pie crusts like me, you would go with the pies and buy premade pie crusts!


Day 173 Wednesday 8/11/2010

Since I had two pie crusts, I decided to make 2 pies! A bit of warning though, my pies were open faced pies. That is, I did not cover the top because I umm... suck at making crusts.

I made my sister, the best slave in the world, help me peel and slice 15 peaches! Beat an egg and brush the pie crusts. Oh, and we should all remember to preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Sliced peaches

In another bowl, mix together 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 2 cups of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Mix dry ingredients


Then combine with the peaches.

Mix in peaches


Pour the peaches and flour mixture over the pie crusts. Sprinkle pieces of about 4 tablespoons of butter over the fillings.

top with butter


That's it! Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees and then another 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.

peach pie 2

I adapted the recipe from All Recipes.

Always remember to taste your peaches before baking. If they are slightly sour, like mine, don't add the lemon juice. If they are a bit sweet, add the lemon juice.

I never knew making pies was so easy...or maybe it was easy because I didn't make the crusts myself.

2 comments: