Friday, June 11, 2010

Lamb Burgers with Sun-Dried Tomato Aioli



So I guess if you've been following my posts, you'd probably think I only eat shrimp and lamb, which I guess is not entirely false. I present you with the most delicious burger ever! I definitely have to say that a lamb patty beats a beef patty a billion times over.


I modified this recipe from MyRecipes.com. You can watch the video here.

Ingredients:

5 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
2 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground lamb
4 hamburger buns
8 pineapple slices
4 eggs



Here are my ingredients! Remember Gandalf? She's 10 weeks old now! :D



So I still don't have a food processor, and I know I tell you this every single time I post! BUT! I do have a blender! I put my sun-dried tomato, mayonnaise, dash of pepper, dash of salt, and a minced glove of garlic into my blender and pulsed, pulsed, pulsed! It took awhile, but it worked! This aioli is delicious too! The people who I made it for thought the aioli was the best part, (not that it's not good) but I think they're wrong.



I put my pound of lamb (actually, I have a little more than a pound here, but whatever, close enough), a minced glove of garlic, salt and pepper, and my cheese. In the video, Holly said to not over mix! So I just gently tossed it together with a fork instead of digging in with my hands. I also really like garlic, and I was afraid that only using two cloves of garlic in this entire recipe was not going to be garlic-y enough, but I trusted Holly so I didn't add more, and whoa! It was actually pretty garlic-y! Yay! (I did use two gynormous cloves though).



Then you form four patties! So my patties are oblong shaped because I wanted to use ciabatta from Acme Bread Company, except I got off work too late to stop by the Ferry Building. So I just stopped by Whole Foods and got a loaf instead of rolls. :| What are you going to do, right?



So I put the patties on my George Foreman grill, which I think is an absolutely marvelous product since I don't own a grill and live in a small apartment in San Francisco. While my patties were grilling (for a total of 4 minutes on the GFG because it grills both sides at once), I fried some eggs just until they are almost not runny.



Then it's time to assemble your hamburger! Get your bread, slap on some of that delicious aioli, and the put on your patties (the most most most most delicious part)!



I topped mine off with my fried egg and some pineapple slices. YUM!



I accompanied my burgers with some burnt sweet potato fries. They're burnt because I was trying to find the original 1984 "The Karate Kid" on my xbox, but Netflix lies! I couldn't find it! And I spent so long trying to find it that I accidentally burnt my fries! D:

No comments:

Post a Comment