Friday, May 14, 2010

Cinnamon Toasts

Day 85 Saturday 5/8/2010

Who loves a cinnamon toast? I do! When I was little, my grandpa had pieces of the Cassia bark sitting in his tobacco basket. He allowed me to break tiny pieces off the bark and chew on it. I loved the smell and the taste so much that I kept going back to the basket and snuck a piece or two. True cinnamon addict at the age of 7. Imagine how excited I was to know that so many recipes call for cinnamon when I moved to the US. Well, what are we waiting for? Let's move on to make of of these delicious cinnamon treats.

butter sugar cinnamon

In a bowl, combine:

1/2 stick of soften butter
3 tablespoons of sugar (I like using brown sugar)
1 or more tablespoon of ground cinnamon

Mix well.

bread

Grab some bread slices. About 6 or 7 is enough.

spread butter

Spread the butter and cinnamon mixture even all over one side of bread.

IMG_6360

Delectable!

IMG_6362

Then pop them into the oven on broil at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until the bread slices are brown. You can also use a toaster.

cinnamon toasts

I like to sprinkle on some powdered sugar before eating. Yummmmmm...

IMG_6389

They are so good, a hand already got to a piece already! ... It's my hand...

IMG_6390

Chuh-zomp!

eaten toasts

Who? Who? Who bit into them toasts?????

Note: Special thanks to Baotran, the sister, for taking these wonderful photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment