Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nur's Roasted Young Potatoes

IMG_2441

One of my Civil Engineering friend (also Helen's friend, they belong in this H-team thing where they rule the universe or something) is also a food enthusiast...and a Martha Stewart wannabe just like me made some pretty awesome roasted young potatoes. Now, who doesn't love roasted potatoes, especially when they're super cute? Please welcome Nur and her tasty potatoes!

Roasted Young Potatoes with Thyme & Lemon

I've been lurking around this blog for a long time, but after much encouragement from Chopping Block, I finally have the guts to do a post!

I love potatoes almost as much as I love rice. So when I found these young potatoes during my last visit at Berkeley Bowl, I just knew I had to get them. Aren't they so cute? They're no bigger than the size of my thumb.

IMG_2393

Taking inspiration from thekitchn's recipe, here's my simple recipe for young potatoes:

1.5 lbs young potatoes
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 sprig of fresh thyme with stem removed (or any dried herb will do)
5 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Zest of 1/2 lemon

IMG_2422

Preheat oven to 450F. These potatoes are so tiny that I didn't even bother chopping them (less work, yay!). After rinsing and drying the potatoes, I mixed them in a bowl with olive, salt, and black pepper.

IMG_2425

I also threw in some fresh thyme because I happen to have some in my fridge. You can substitute with any fresh or dried herb you prefer. Since I love garlic, I also threw in some crushed whole cloves of garlic into the party bowl.

IMG_2429

Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with tin foil, and pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, time to juice and zest our lemon! Being the big klutz that I am, I somehow managed to squirt some lemon juice at my face. But hey, at least it smells good!

IMG_2434

After the potatoes are tender and are wrinkly looking, pull them out of the oven toss them with the lemon juice and zest.

IMG_2447

3 comments:

  1. those potatoes are TINY! They're the size of the garlic cloves! wut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, i know, right!? at first i thought it said, "nur's roasted young nuts" because i thought they were some sort of nut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look DELISH sis! I laughed at the part about the lemon :P

    ReplyDelete