Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hamburger



Okay, okay. What's so special about my hamburger? Well.... I think I've found the secret to making the best hamburgers like EVER. I make a lot of hamburgers because they're seriously easy. Shape them up, put them in the fridge, and when you're hungry, pop them onto the George Foreman grill! Done in like no time!


Ingredients:
1lb of beef (makes about 4-5 patties)
1/4 cup of diced red onions
handful of chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 tbsp of Worcester Sauce
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn pepper
1/2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
1/2 an egg



I think 80/20 ground beef makes the best hamburgers, but if you use like 93/7, it's "okay," albeit a little dry. If you're worried about calories, the 93/7 ground beef saves you almost half the calories (a saving of ~125 calories) per patty, but if you're not worried about calories, definitely go for the 80/20. (For people who don't buy ground beef very often, the "80/20" is the lean percent over the fat percent. So there's 20% fat in the 80/20 beef.)



Combine all the ingredients and mix well. My secret ingredient is the Worcester sauce. That stuff makes or breaks your hamburgers, I SWEAR!



I formed my patties in an oblong shape because I don't have any hamburger buns, and I'm not a big fan of hamburger buns? Odd, I know. So I formed my patties to fit my rosemary bread instead.

I popped it onto the grill along side some sliced red onions to save time because who doesn't like grilled onions!?

No comments:

Post a Comment