Saturday, August 15, 2009

Easy Eggplant

My mom's three eggplant plants are flowering and two of them actually have fruits! Hoorah! Time for some eggplant dish.





I'm not a big fan of eggplant but since my dad has become a vegetarian again, I've try to learn new vegetarian dishes. So, I picked this beauty for lunch.



On to the easiest to obtain list of ingredients ever!

Ingredients
(Printable recipe)
1 medium size Chinese eggplant
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of ground black pepper (freshly ground pepper would be great)
1 dash of paprika
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
olive oil

First, peel and mince the garlic and set aside.

Trim the stem end and slice the eggplant length wise at approximately 1/4 inch thick. I don't know why I didn't skin it ahead of time, but you could peel the skin off before slicing it.



Sprinkle on the salt and pepper on both sides of each slice (one side of the end slices). Throw on some paprika to spike it up. Go crazy!


Heat up a large sauce pan (large enough so that all of the slices can fit) and pour in about 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Arrange the slices into the pan and add the minced garlic.


Leave it cooking each side for about 2 minutes. Toss in the soy sauce. Cook on medium low heat until the eggplant is no longer spongy and is tendered.


Remove from pan and peel the skin. Don't ask me why I didn't remove the skin earlier....and serve! ...with rice!


No comments:

Post a Comment